Wednesday, July 10, 2013

MY LIFE THROUGH THE EYES OF A FORTUNE COOKIE

Since living in new york, and having a wide variety of food to sample from, my take out food of choice is Chinese!

I have always been a fan of all sorts of Asian cuisine.  So it should come as no surprise, that one of my favorite things to do just before I dig into the delicious meal that has been especially prepared just for me is to... open the fortune cookie and see what little piece of wisdom is inside!

I have found the "fortunes" and proverbs to be quite thought provoking.  As I try and apply them to my everyday life in a positive effort to see how the fortune could be another way as seeing the glass half full.

This one very much did speak to me.  Now not in a hold a button and speak to Suri type of way, but metaphorically of course!




















By all means it certainly is a great piece of skill to know how to guide your luck!  Mmh but how does one learn this skill?

By following ones intuition and not walking underneath a ladder?

By waking up on the right side of the bed in the morning?

By giving your coffee frappucino to the homeless guy standing next to you in the subway?

Or perhaps it's as simple as by knowing what one truly wants and concentrating all ones efforts on getting it?

I guess this one is a little easier said than done!

So in an effort to be more pro active and try and steer that luck,  I decided to write a follow up email for a second interview I went for.  Here's hoping that something great turns about, "whilst I wait for it!"

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I heard a quote just today at is quite suitable... "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity..." Good luck with the 2nd interview follow up and keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, you're welcome anytime. Comments are always appreciated.